The Powerful vs. The Powerless. Is this a war?
This war has taken a new form, now this war is not between Israel and Hamas but between Israel and Palestine. Palestine has no army & no ammo. Israel has all the latest military equipment from the UK and USA. Israel has cut off all food, water, medicine, and electricity in Gaza which houses 2.2 million people. and now they are bombing them and blocking them from fleeing. everyone is trapped this is not war. The Israeli Army has Bombarded Gaza with approximately 7000 bombs Containing a total of 4500 tonnes of explosives since Saturday. Over 1900 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza as Israel air strikes the entire city and destroyed thousands of residential buildings.
Israel's Occupation And Its Conflict With Palestinians.
- 1948 Arab-Israeli War broke out a day after Israel declared its 'independence' and violently displaced thousands of Palestinians in what is known as the Nakba.
- 1956 Israel invaded Egypt's Sinai Peninsula to reverse the Suez Canal's nationalization.
- 1967 Israel pre-emptively attacked Egypt, Syria, and Jordan, starting the Six-Day War.
- 1973 Egypt and Syria launched a surprise offensive to regain lost territories, known as the October War, or Yom Kippur War
- 1978 Israel invaded southern Lebanon after attacks by the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO)
- 1982 Israel invaded Lebanon again after border clashes with the PLO
- 1987. Ongoing protests and riots broke out across the occupied West Bank and Gaza, known as the First Palestinian Intifada.
- 1996 Israel launched a major offensive against Hezbollah in southern Lebanon.
- 2000 Israeli PM Ariel Sharon visited the Al Aqsa Mosque, sparking widespread protests, and leading to the Second Palestinian Intifada.
- 2005 Hamas's election win sparked Palestinian civil war between the group and the losing Fatah party
- 2006 Israel launched an offensive against Hezbollah after the group kidnapped two Israeli soldiers.
FIRST GAZA WAR
- 2008 First Gaza war.
SECOND GAZA WAR
- 2014 Second Gaza war
- 2021 Israel attacked Gaza with air strikes and artillery in response to Hamas rocket fire.
- 2023* Israel responds with strikes on Gaza after Hamas's biggest attack on Israeli soil in decades
Trending questions that have caught fire during Israel Hamas war
What is Zionism?
The origins of the political and national movement can be traced back to 1897, when Theodor Herzl formed the World Zionist Organization, advocating for a Jewish state in the Middle East. Eventually, in 1948, he got his wish and Israel was established in Palestinian territories through a violent process of ethnic cleansing facilitated by Britain and its allies
What is the Gaza enclave?
Gaza is the smaller of the two occupied Palestinian territories, with the larger territory being the occupied West Bank. Israel occupied Gaza in 1967 about two decades after Egyptian rule (1948-1967) and later withdrew in 2005. Angered by the Hamas party's election win, Israel began its siege in 2007, fencing Gaza in and cutting more than 2 million people off from the world through a land, air, and sea blockade.
What is it like living in Gaza?
Due to the blockade, unemployment is rife and 80% of Gaza's population relies on humanitarian assistance. 95% of Palestinians in Gaza are devoid of clean drinking water, and roughly 60% of children suffer from anemia due to malnutrition. Gaza is one of the most surveilled regions in the world as Israel tests and employs digital espionage technologies to track every Palestinian. Since Hamas's October 7 attack, conditions in the enclave have worsened as Israel has cut off electricity, food, water, and fuel supplies.
What is Hamas?
Hamas is a Palestinian resistance group that has been controlling Gaza since 2007, running both political and military wings. It rejects the two-state solution the failed Oslo Accords proposed and advocates for armed resistance against Israel.
Why did Hamas attack?
The assault on October 7 by Hamas came during a period of heightened tensions across the occupied West Bank marked by repeated Israeli raids into Palestinian towns and assaults carried out by illegal Israeli settlers.
Top Stories on the Israel Palestine War
60% are those killed in Gaza have been Children and women.
The total Palestinian death toll in Gaza has reached at least 1,417 people with 60% of those killed being children and women. According to Palestine's Health Ministry, around 447 children and 248 women have been killed since Israel began its bombardment of the territory on Saturday. A further 5,763 Palestinians have been wounded. In the West Bank, at least 39 innocent Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces. Israel has levelled entire neighbourhoods resulting in mass casualties in what residents are describing as the most intense bombing campaign in living memory.
Children are being blown apart. What have they done to deserve this?
Residents of Gaza's largest refugee camp woke up to death and destruction on their doorstep early Thursday morning following an Israeli attack that killed the most people in the camp in six days. Israeli air strikes killed at least 250 people on Thursday morning alone, including 44 members of the same family in Jabalia. Shihab's family includes 16 children between the ages of 2 and 14. The Israeli air strikes have so far killed at least 400 Palestinian children this week. They are among at least 1,900 people killed in the daily bombardment of civilian buildings in Gaza since Saturday.
The airstrikes began Saturday after the Palestinian group Hamas launched a series of unexpected attacks on Israeli communities, firing thousands of rockets and sending drones into Israel by land, air, and sea. More than 1,300 Israelis were killed in the attack and approximately 130 were brought back to Gaza.
Israel orders 1.2m to leave northern Gaza, as they were to Bomb them
At least 40 were killed in an Israeli air strike targeting a truck evacuating northern Gaza. At least 40 people have been killed in an Israeli air strike that hit a truck taking away people from their homes in northern Gaza to southern Gaza. According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, 150 people were injured as well in the attack on the Salah ud-Din Road which connects the north Gaza Strip to the south of the Gaza Strip. The interior ministry said 80 people, mostly women and children, were killed and more than 200 injured in an attack on the Saladin highway after Israel ordered residents of northern Gaza to leave their homes. Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) said Israel gave two hours to get to a hospital in northern Gaza because doctors were still treating patients.